Another busy week with the new puppy. For something that spends so much time asleep, she really does add to the day! 🙂
But we did manage to have some treats and new things mixed up. Not least of all, a BBQ chicken pan roast that was so good we made it twice.
BBQ Roast Chicken.
- -8 pieces of chicken (thighs or breasts)
- -300g celeriac
- -300g potatoes
- -300g carrots
- -2tbsp chili garlic
- -1tbsp soy sauce
- -1tbsp brown vinegar
- -1tbsp salt
- -1tbsp sugar
- -chopping board and knife
- -large oven tray
- Slice the potatoes and celeriac into thin slices. Arrange them on the bottom of the tray.
- Arrange the chicken and carrots on top.
- Salt and place in the oven at 200C for around 20 minutes.
- Take out and rest a little. Add the sugar to the chicken skins. Leave to soak in.
- Add the vinegar and soy sauce to the whole dish. Drizzle with chili garlic.
- Roast at 160C until cooked through.
Piernik is one of my favourite things of all time. It’s basically Polish gingerbread and it’s delicious, especially with a bit of dark chocolate or jam. Dark chocolate, jam and piernik is a great indulgent afternoon treat.
This is a combination of two of those flavours: gingerbread and dark chocolate. I made a sugar-butter icing with cinnamon and cocoa powder as Jon likes baked goods to have some sort of icing, cream or custard on them, but they’re really delectable as they are.
- -2 cups plain flour
- -3tbsp cocoa powder
- -3tbsp sugar
- -2 eggs
- -1tbsp grated or chopped ginger
- -1tsp cinnamon
- -1/2tsp nutmeg
- -1/4tsp cloves
- -water as needed
- -mixing bowl and fork
- -greased or nonstick baking tray
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add more sugar to taste.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake at 160C for 10-20min, or until spongy but cooked through.
- Serve with coffee.
And that’s what we liked the most out of our meals this week. What have you enjoyed cooking or eating this week?
TTFN and Happy Hunting!