Well, as I was saying yesterday, I like to buy from clearance websites. So I went a little crazy a few weeks ago and bought a 10kg restaurant-sized tub of Sharwoods curry paste (for only £1.50). Just a little crazy. And, to test it out, I made a Not-Thai Fish Curry. It was a bit hot for Jon, but I’m working on that next time.
- 2 basa or pollock fillets
- 3 small (15-20cm) squid
- 100g mussels
- 100g fish pie mix or smoked fish or salmon
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g mixed vegetables (pick plain ones, like broccoli, peas, spinach or aubergine)
- 4tbsp curry paste or powder
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- pepper if needed
- measuring utensils
- chopping board and knife
- large pot
- Chop the fillets, squid and vegetables.
- Mix all the fish and vegetables together in the pot.
- Stir in the seasonings and leave to rest a little.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring the pot to a boil.
- Simmer for 30min.
- Serve with rice or beans.
As I said, Jon liked it but found it juuust too spicy, so I will work on that next time. Always learn the heat of every premixed sauce or paste you use, and adjust accordingly!
TTFN and Happy Eating!