Just a simple recipe for a red wine sauce. We used it on steak, but you can probably use it on anything.
- 2 glasses red wine
- 1/2 glass vegetable stock
- 2tbsp black pepper
- 2tbsp sage chopped
- 1tbsp chives chopped
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables, shredded (peppers, onion, beansprouts are a must, go wild with the others]
- 1 small pot and wooden spoon
- Put the wine on to simmer. Slowly incorporate the stock, herbs and seasonings.
- Simmer until much reduced.
- Fry up the vegetables. Seal the meat in the same grease used on the vegetables.
- Add the wine sauce.
- Add whatever meat you plan on braising.
- Slow cook.
For help starting out homemaking, check out The ESSENTIAL Beginner Homemaker’s Guide. For help budgeting all your everday and not-so-everyday essentials, from food to transport to clothes, check out On A Budget: The good homemaker’s guide to economizing.