Yes, coffee cake. Yes, sticky and spiced.
Not much more explaining needed.
- 500g flour and raising agents
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5tbsp honey
- 3tbsp coffee granules
- 1tbsp cocoa mix
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp ginger
- 1tsp allspice
- mixing bowl and fork
- greased, lined or nonstick baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Add water and keep stirring until a mass is formed.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake until a skewer comes out with a few sticky, but firm, crumbs holding onto it.
- Cool fully.
- Serve with cream. Or butter, if you’re more like Jon and need the savoury edge.