Because it’s simple, easy and hearty.
- 300g cooked gammon
- 200g cooked herby sausages
- 150g smoked sausages
- random pork, we used some bacon rashers and I throw black pudding into mine
- red, green and yellow bell peppers
- a bunch of spring onions
- 2 large courgettes
- 500g cooked chickpeas
- vegetable stock
- chopping board and knife
- large pot
- Roughly chop the meat and vegetables.
- Mix with chickpeas in the pot and half fill with water.
- Add stock and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with bread and butter.
I have a feeling with Winter and the baby due any time between the start of December and the start of January, we’ll be having a lot more stews.
TTFN and Happy Hunting!
For help starting out homemaking, check out The ESSENTIAL Beginner Homemaker’s Guide. For help budgeting all your everday and not-so-everyday essentials, from food to transport to clothes, check out On A Budget: The good homemaker’s guide to economizing.