Because I’d never cooked one before!
- whole chicken
- 1/2 full can of beer (put the rest in a bread, or the cook)
- 2tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1tsp mustard
- 1tsp paprika
- mixing bowl and fork
- baking tray
- skewers for emergency propping
- Place the chicken over the beercan, the further in the can goes the more stable it will be.
- Prop the chicken with skewers anyway because a chicken on a beercan is stupidly unsteady.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Slather all over the chicken. We want it looking fake-tanned!
- Roast in a preheated oven at 160C for 2h.
- Roast at 230C for a few minutes to crisp up.
- Make gravy with the drippings and remaining beer in the can.