It’s ugly. The stew, not the turkey. Turkey mince is ugly and tomato based stew is ugly and cabbage is ugly. But it’s delicious and it’s high protein and low carb, so no complaints. Well, at least not since I managed to get Jon to put on surplus fat with a bulking diet (I knew he wasn’t an alien!) and he wants to lose it.
So here’s our current staple, with herbs and spices as needed.
- 500g minced turkey
- 800g chopped or pureed tomatoes
- 400g cabbage
- 400g peppers, aubergine and courgette
- 2 large onions
- 100ml chili sauce (10% chili, so around 10ml concentrate or paste)
- 10 large leaves of sage
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopping board and knife
- pot and wooden spoon
- Rinse and chop the vegetables very finely.
- Tear the sage leaves.
- Mix the tomato, chili, paprika, sage, salt and pepper together and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and turkey mince.
- Keep simmering until everything is cooked through.
- Serve up with baked garlic, jalapeno sauce, mustard or all three.
Not very pretty, so no pictures, but it’s yummy, warming, filling and low carb, so it wins all round.
TTFN and Happy Hunting!