Saw this over at Dorkchops’ blog and decided I may as well give it a go for something fun.
1. How did you get your blog username?
Jon and I were chatting about my blog I was starting to keep me on track with my objectives and after I explained the pokemon section (sidebar), I asked what I would be if I were a pokemon. The response was “a Slaviswife”, so it started as the provisional name and it stuck. From that and the theme of self-betterment, I got “Your Wife Is Evolving”.
2. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
My real name? I actually changed it. My parents are apparently cool with that, because my original name was very long, complicated and hippie, whereas I’m not really that way inclined. I chose my new name based on family surnames and a first name that is used a lot in the family and has a meaning I relate to.
3. If you could go back and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why?
It isn’t really worth your time. You can do well at almost anything you want to. So stop worrying about paperworks, qualifications and social standards. Just keep doing what you like and things will work out.
4. How old were you when you first learned how to blow a bubblegum bubble?
Probably around six or seven. We weren’t regular candy eaters as young children.
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
When I was very little I wanted to be a dog rather than a human because it looked easier and I liked them more. When I grew out of that stage I wanted to be a painter or a writer.
6. What do you order at Starbucks?
The directions to the nearest decent coffeehouse with WiFi.
7. When’s the hardest you’ve ever laughed?
Jon makes me laugh pretty much every day. He’s probably not to everyone’s taste, but we seem to sync very well in terms of daft, dark and dirty humour.
8. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why?
The violin. Sharp sounds, melancholy and the general weight of it are wonderful.
9. What’s your favourite thing to do when your upset?
Play very loud, very fast techno or vocaloid-style music and pace. It evens my temper and gets me calmed down enough to refocus on work.
10. What’s your favourite movie?
“The Duty Pharmacist” or “May”. Very, very dark and gruesome in quite a sweet, kookie manner. Like “The Addams Family” was an actual horror film. I have no idea why more people haven’t seen them.
11. What’s one food you can’t live without?
Pork. My go-to meat. Cheap even when it’s well reared, tasty, high in fats, sweet tones, nice raw or cooked.
12. What is your favourite dessert?
Very dark chocolate on or in anything, or on its own.
13. Favourite pizza topping?
14. Would you rather have the super power to read minds or to become invisible?
Become invisible. The sort of person whose mind I’d most like to read are either people who are pretty transparent anyway or people whose mind I would not like to read the remaining 99% of the time. Becoming invisible would be handy when I am in introvert-mode, for my hunting and for when society collapses and I have to raid places.
15. What did you do last for your birthday?
Stayed home with Jon and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
16. If you could have one personal “selfish” wish, would would it be?
Elective immortality. I can’t die unless I actively choose to.
17. If you were a pokemon, what would you look like? And what would you be called?
Well, it would have to be Slaviswife again. I would probably be something far too pink with some weird, creepy, mutant parts, like visible bones or enormous fangs, and puppy-like features here and there.
And those are 17 totally random questions answered.
TTFN and Happy Hunting!