Yes, coffee cake. Yes, sticky and spiced.
Not much more explaining needed.
- 500g flour and raising agents
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5tbsp honey
- 3tbsp coffee granules
- 1tbsp cocoa mix
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp ginger
- 1tsp allspice
- mixing bowl and fork
- greased, lined or nonstick baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Add water and keep stirring until a mass is formed.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake until a skewer comes out with a few sticky, but firm, crumbs holding onto it.
- Cool fully.
- Serve with cream. Or butter, if you’re more like Jon and need the savoury edge.
For help starting out homemaking, check out The ESSENTIAL Beginner Homemaker’s Guide. For help budgeting all your everday and not-so-everyday essentials, from food to transport to clothes, check out On A Budget: The good homemaker’s guide to economizing.