Jon’s review is “nice sauce (approvingly] lots of noodles (not so approvingly]”. Perhaps a few less noodles and some veggies might be an idea next time!
Still, it took a grand total of around ten minutes, was amazingly rich and if you fancy a hot noodle dish with fish, a thick sauce and plenty of comfort, this is awesome.
- 200g fish pie mix
- 300g salmon
- 100g squid
- 200ml double cream
- 400ml milk
- 150-250g dry rice noodles
- powdered vegetable, chicken or fish stock
- 1tbsp mustard
- 2tsp worcestershire sauce
- chopping board and knife
- pot with lid
- Chop the fish into roughly 1.5″ bits. Put in the pot.
- Cover with cream and milk. Add stock, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer until the fish is cooked.
- Add the noodles and stir through. Take off the heat once stirred.
- Making sure the noodles are submerged, cover the pot and leave a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Fast, satisfying dinner. 😀
What quick meals do you like at your home? And what would you call an appropriate noodle-fish ratio?